How we pick our products
Finding the right balance between aesthetics and functionality is essential when decorating your house. While you naturally want to create an attractive space, you also need it to be practical. This applies to every room of your home – including your bathroom. Some elements, such as toilet paper holders, are vital.
This product can feature an attractive design, but its functionality is primordial. We have prepared the following shopping guide to help you find the best toilet paper holder for your bathroom. You will discover our selection of the most popular models on the market, as well as the ins and outs of these basic-yet-vital accessories. Are you ready? Let’s roll!
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Toilet Paper Holders on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Toilet Paper Holders
- 3.1 What is a toilet paper holder exactly?
- 3.2 What is their purpose?
- 3.3 Where can I place my toilet paper holder?
- 3.4 What types of wall-mounted holders are there?
- 3.5 What freestanding holders are there?
- 3.6 Which type of toilet paper holder is better?
- 3.7 How can I fix my toilet paper holder to the wall?
- 3.8 Should I buy a holder on its own or a bathroom set?
- 3.9 What is a removable holder rod?
- 3.10 What are the advantages of toilet paper holders?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- You can find a wide range of different toilet paper holders on the American market. If you want to make the best possible purchase, think about your personal needs and what each model offers you.
- Think about the design of your bathroom and the space available to place your toilet paper holder. Remember that the location is everything to make its use comfortable.
- Make sure you know the best position to install it before you choose a specific model. The product should allow you to easily insert the rolls of toilet paper and be made from a quality material. We will delve into these criteria in the final section of our guide.
Our Selection: The Best Toilet Paper Holders on the U.S. Market
The best way to start this shopping guide is by introducing you to the most popular toilet paper holders currently out there. This will help you learn more about specific features, some of which may surprise you. Reading past buyers’ experiences is also very useful in making your final decision. We have taken these reviews and ratings into account to select the following products:
- Best Freestanding Toilet Paper Holder
- Best Wall-Mounted Toilet Paper Holder
- Most Versatile Toilet Paper Holder
- Best Vertical Toilet Paper Holder
Best Freestanding Toilet Paper Holder
iDesign created this vintage toilet paper holder that has now become Amazon’s Choice in the category, with hundreds of high ratings from past users. Made from steel wire with a bronze finish that will add a touch of elegance to your bathroom, this holder features a storage tower that can accommodate up to three rolls of toilet paper. This compact freestanding model is ideal for small bathrooms, where you can move it at your leisure.
Best Wall-Mounted Toilet Paper Holder
If you prefer minimalist, barely visible holders for your bathroom, then this brushed stainless steel product by Kes will certainly arouse your interest. Easily installed with the large adhesive strip included in the packaging, this no-frills toilet paper holder is easy to clean, rust-proof, and durable. The adhesive strip can be applied on dry and smooth surfaces such as glass, metal, stone, or ceramic.
Most Versatile Toilet Paper Holder
Are you looking for a feature-rich product that will help you maximize space and efficiency in your toilet? Do you like to read the news or watch videos on your phone when you’re in the bathroom? TomCare’s best-selling toilet paper holder ticks all the boxes. The storage tower can house up to three rolls, while the top shelf can be used to place your electronic devices or an additional roll. This product comes with a 12-month warranty.
Best Vertical Toilet Paper Holder
Last but not least, this toilet paper holder is an elegant accessory that easily blends in various bathroom designs. Made from durable and rust-proof stainless steel, it is self-adhesive and will fit on any smooth wall. The open rod design makes it easy for you to change toilet paper rolls when needed. In fact, you can install this model vertically or horizontally, depending on your personal taste.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Toilet Paper Holders
What is a toilet paper holder exactly?
What is their purpose?
Where can I place my toilet paper holder?
What types of wall-mounted holders are there?
- Lidded holders. This is one of the most classic models, with a lid to hide the toilet paper and keep it away from dust and moisture. They are fixed to the wall and are quite small in size. Most are made from metal.
- Lid-free holders. They are similar to the model above but don’t feature a lid. Their main advantage is that you can see how much toilet paper is left. For the rest, they share the same characteristics as lidded holders.
- Vertical holders. This is a lid-free toilet paper that is fixed to the wall vertically. In fact, most of these models can be placed both horizontally and vertically.
- Holders with reserve. These vertical models can hold more than one roll at a time.
- Holders with shelf. More and more models come with a small tray to place your cell phone – or any other item you need.
- Folding holders. They feature a mechanism that allows you to move the bar on which the roll is placed. That way, you can change it more easily, and the holder can adopt different positions with the same fixation.
- Holders with storage. While this isn’t very common, some wall holders offer storage space – through ropes, shelves, or other similar elements.
- Holders with toilet brush. Also rare, these holders come with a toilet brush that you can hang on the wall.
What freestanding holders are there?
- Holder stands. They consist of a support with a toilet paper holder, either horizontal or vertical.
- Holders with storage. The holder includes a storage space with a bar or cylinder designed to house your toilet paper rolls.
- Holders with toilet brush. These space-saving models are incredibly versatile. Remember to check that the space between both items is sufficient to avoid splashes for obvious hygienic reasons.
Which type of toilet paper holder is better?
|Feature||Wall-mounted holders||Freestanding holders|
How can I fix my toilet paper holder to the wall?
Should I buy a holder on its own or a bathroom set?
What is a removable holder rod?
What are the advantages of toilet paper holders?
We are nearing the end of our shopping guide, but we promised to introduce you to a series of essential criteria first. It is imperative that you pay attention to all of them and that you take them into account before making your final decision. If you do so, you will know exactly which product can satisfy all your needs.
As we mentioned earlier, there are three ways to install a toilet paper holder: with a drill, with a sticker, or with suction cups. If you want it to be very strong, go for the first method, while stickers are best if you want a fast and fairly resistant setup that won’t affect your wall. Suction cups are only recommended as a temporary solution. The following table will help you know which option to choose:
|Method||Resistance||Fast installation||Damage to the wall|
|Suction cups||Low||Fastest method||No|
Horizontal toilet paper holders are more traditional and aesthetic, in particular if they feature a lid. However, vertical models give you better access to the toilet paper. We recommend that you choose the second option if you want to change rolls more quickly, or if you have children who leave the toilet paper touching the floor.
You should purchase a toilet paper holder with a key if you are going to use it professionally. It isn’t appropriate for anyone to have access to the paper rolls in a public establishment, as this is not hygienic and exposes you to someone taking the paper. While these models are slightly different, you can find various sizes and designs on the market.
Access to Toilet Paper
In the past, it was common to have to disassemble the holders to change the toilet paper roll. Nowadays, most models feature an open rod, which is the favorite option among buyers. Holders with a removable rod aren’t the most practical, so we only recommend them if you have a good reason. You can use them as a learning tool for young children, for instance.
Now that you have looked at the type of rod that will give you the best access to the toilet paper, you have to think about where you will place your holder. Make sure to set it close to the toilet so that it is easy to reach but cannot get splashed in any way. In addition, the height must be appropriate so that you can grab the paper comfortably.
High-quality stainless steel is the best material for toilet paper holders. It is very strong and can withstand the passage of time, water, and humidity. If you for it, you will get a product that can last as long as the rest of the bathroom – if not longer. Besides, it is easy to clean and elegant.
A toilet paper holder is essential to keep your rolls clean and organized and protects them from dust and other dirt. To find the right model for your bathroom, think about your needs and personal taste. While aesthetics are important, functionality is primordial.
The information we have given you should have helped you know the most essential characteristics of these accessories. Don’t overlook the key shopping criteria that are the ease of installation, the manufacturing materials, or the type of toilet paper holder. If you take into account our advice, we guarantee that you will be fully satisfied with your final decision.
We hope that you found our shopping guide on toilet paper holders helpful and interesting. If that’s the case, feel free to leave us a comment in the section below – and don’t forget to share this article on your social media!
(Source of featured image: Olga Miltsova: 74410122/ 123rf.com)